Be inspired in this instructive workshop on the principles of Permaculture and how to apply them in everyday garden situations. This interactive & practical day will give you the skills to design your own Permaculture garden!
Bring your own project along and we’ll look at how to begin to design your plot using the principles of Permaculture. You’ll get the opportunity to analyze your garden using site and sector analysis, and to plan your zones and activity centers.
COST: $85 for THE WHOLE DAY with a delicious lunch included.
2017 SPRING DATES:
SUNDAY NOVEMBER 19TH 9.30 am – 3.30 pm
PERMACULTURE FOR A DAY OUTLINE
In this day long workshop we will examine the theory and application of Permaculture in our lifestyle and gardens. Each participant will have the opportunity to begin the design of their own site.
The MORNING SESSION will include
- Introduction to the theory of Permaculture and its many benefits
- Explanation & discussion of the 3 Permaculture ethics, basic aims and 12 Permaculture principles
- How to apply these elements of Permaculture to our everyday life and in our environment
The AFTERNOON SESSION will incorporate how to design using the Permaculture theory. We will cover the three important strategies of
- Zone planning or zoning
- Sector planning
- Relative Location
We will embark on the process of designing your permaculture site by examining different sites in relation to
- Location/ site analysis
- Site elements of aspect, climate, microclimates, soil, water & drainage
- Applying the design strategies of Sector Analysis, Zoning and Relative Location to your own specific site.
NOTES, GIVEAWAYS AND DELICIOUS MORNING TEA AND LUNCH ARE PROVIDED
Book now for a day of inspiration and delight!